How does the Electricity Price Cap affect the market for Physical PPAs? (German)

January 19, 2023 12:00 PM


Webinar (2/2) - The German government wants to relieve private households and companies from the sharp rise in energy costs with the electricity, gas and heating price brakes.

For renewables, this means that wind power operators, for example, will have to transfer a certain portion of their revenues to finance the costs of the electricity price brakes. This levy applies to electricity generation from lignite, nuclear energy, waste, mineral oil and also renewables and is part of the Electricity Price Cap Act (StromPbG). Random revenues above a defined upper limit and of this 90 percent are skimmed off. The remaining 10 percent remains with the generator to provide incentives for efficient behavior in the market.

What does this mean for Power Purchase Agreements?
With our free webinar (Part 2/2), we take a closer look at how the Electricity Price Cap works and what effect it has on physical Power Purchase Agreements. It will be held in german.

Webinar date: Thursday, January 19, 2023. 12:00 - 12:45 PM (CET)

Participation fee: free

The following content will be explained and discussed in our webinar:

  • How physical PPAs work
  • Overview of PPA releavant parts of the Electricity Price Cap (StromPbG - Stromprreisbremsengesetz)
  • Analysis of the effect of the Electricity Price Cap on buyers and sellers of electricity from renewable energies

Register for free

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
I agree to receive other communications from Think RE GmbH.

You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For more information on how to unsubscribe, our privacy practices, and how we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, please review our Privacy Policy.

Think RE GmbH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we’ll only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you requested from us. By clicking submit below, you consent to allow Think RE GmbH to store and process the personal information submitted above to provide you the content requested. By sharing your email, you agree to our Privacy Policy.
Thank you. We have received your registration!

An email with all the details about this event will be sent to you shortly.

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

Our Speakers

Team member photo


Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder
Team member photo

Read recommendations from our participants,
and find out how we were able to support their journey with our webinars and workshops.
This is a photo of our Testimonial Isabella Melbinger.

“The workshop exceeded my expectations. The content was very well presented and market-oriented, so that this can be applied in practice. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to experience an in-depth discourse on the topic PPA.”

Director Asset Management
at MPC Capital
This is a photo of our Testimonial Isabella Melbinger.

“Great workshop! Well done and very useful information delivered in an excellent manner.
I would highly recommend the Green Brain Academy Workshops to anyone interested in improving their knowledge on Power Purchase Agreements and
the EU Taxonomy.”

Isabella Melbinger
& Corporate Responsibility Management
This is a photo of our Testimonial Markus Wolf.

“I participated in the “PPA Advanced – Managing Price & Volume Risks” webinar. I had some prior knowledge of PPAs in general, but as a result of this webinar, I gained some further in-depth insight and examined specific aspects of this topic moreclosely. The whole topic was comprehensively dealt with and Steffen’s explanations were particularly relevant for my job. Furthermore, Dr. Steffen Hundt has extensive knowledge and a holistic view of energy markets.”

Markus Wolf
Senior Procurement Expert: Energy

This is a photo of our Testimonial Colin Muir.

“Perfectly prepared and well structured workshop offering a huge increase in knowledge. Highly recommended if you are skilled in English. ”

Managing Director